Thursday, March 21, 2013

Posted by jinson on 6:35 PM No comments
I thought I would be dreading today, but not so much.  I went to bed last night without feeling the need/desire to gorge myself in preperation of my fast.  I knew I would be hungry, but it certainly won't kill me, and I know I can do it.  Once again, I say it feels really liberating to be hungry for a purpose.  I'm not hungry because I'm on a diet that doesn't give me enough food or satisfy me (like it claims it should); I'm hungry because I am fasting.  I am hungry on purpose.  So much easier to deal with! 

A couple of "coping" tips I'm carrying over from Day 1 :  stay busy, drink lots of water, go to bed earlier on your fast day.  Sleep is not only really good for you, but you're not hungry in your sleep.  On Day 1, I was counting down the hours until bedtime; evenings are such a bad snack-time for me.

Around 9 am. I was seriously considering "faking" my fast for the day.  That has passed and I'm back on the wagon! 

11:00 am - 201 calories.  Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal (127 cal) - I only ate half of what I made.  It didn't taste wonderful.  It certainly wasn't bad, but I like my food to be delicous and this was just okay.  I wouldn't be excited to eat it again.  I think I'll do more research and get a better recipe together.  I decided to take the rest of my calories in the form of a Gala apple (74 cal).  It was tasty, although one half was considerably sweeter than the other.  Have you ever run into something crazy like that?

6:30 pm - 260 calories.  Delicous!  I eat this meal all the time, I just opted not not eat it on rice noodles this time.  Pot Sticker Burgers.  I cannot say enough wonderful things about this recipe.  It is divine.  Eat up!



Chocolate PB Oatmeal - 253 cal.

1/2 c. Old-Fashioned oats, cooked in water (150 cal.)
1 Tbsp. Peanut Butter (95 cal)
2 rounded tsp. cocoa (8 cal)
Splenda to taste (0 cal) - I suspect Splenda brown sugar would make this better

0 comments:

Post a Comment