Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Posted by jinson on 4:45 PM No comments
The days leading up to the fast I've been reminding myself how easy these fasts are.  I've done it twice- I was a bit uncomfortable at times, but I didn't die or anything.  When I'm in the middle of it- it is more challenging.  Particularly 1-2 hours after I've eaten I'm really tempted to eat more.  I'll have to work on my food balance.

Up at 7 am. to get the little lady ready for school.  The last thing I ate was a handful of Cheezits last night around 10:30 - healthy, I know.  I started feeling a little hungry around 9 am., so I decided to do some cleaning.  Cleaning has become my copint mechanism for hunger.  It gets me moving and my mind is not on food.  When I'm sitting in front of the TV or computer (like now) my mind tends to wander to food, as that is usually the time when I'm snacking.  I did weigh myself yesterday, and I was 1.5 lbs. lighter.  I don't know if that is due to the fasting or just the normal fluctuation of my weight.  Time will tell.

11 am.- 1 cup Pasta e Fagioli (mentioned in yesterday's post)- 115 calories with
             1 Tbsp. Parmesan-20 calories
             1 boiled egg - 78 calories,
             1 Gala apple- 74 calories

I've been feeling hungry, a lot.  This has not been an easy day so far.  I'm getting ready to make pizza for my family and the dough I made earlier today is smelling divine.  I've stated before, I don't like the idea of making something different for my family, and we had food that needed to be used up and pizza is a great way to clean our produce out.

7 pm.- 1 slice homemade pizza- 125 calories
           1 c. Sinfully delicious oven-roasted broccoli - 85 calories 


Sinfully Delicious Oven-Roasted Broccoli -89 calories

This is an admittedly high-calorie way to eat broccoli, but it is a delicious treat and worth the extra calories.  If you have picky eaters in your family, they may just like this!

1 c. broccoli florets- 30 calories
1 tsp. olive oil - 40 calories
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced- 4 calories (I keep my garlic pieces larger and don't acutally consume them)
2 tsp. Aldi brand grated parmesan cheese- 14 calories
tiny bit of lemon zest
1 tsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice - 1 calorie

Preheat oven to 425.  Toss broccoli with olive oil and garlic.  Place in a baking dish in a single layer and roast for 10 minutes.  Stir and continue roasting an additional 10 minutes.  Edges of broccoli should be lightly browned.  Remove from oven and add lemon zest, juice and parmesan.  Toss to coat.  **TIP**  If your broccoli is not completely dry, it may be a little limp and not have as much snap to it.
Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment