Monday, March 18, 2013

Posted by jinson on 6:42 AM No comments

Tomorrow will be my first fast day.  I don't anticipate any real problems hunger-wise.  As a disclaimer, I have done 24-hour (spiritually motivated) fasts regularly since I was 12, usually once a month, but since I've been popp'n out babies and nursing, the last 8 years have been sporadic at best.  I've finished reading the entire book by Dr. Mosely, "The Fast Diet".  It was a quick read; I was able to finish in one sitting.  I also watched the entire documentary "Eat, Fast, and Live Longer".

I have set a schedule of fasting that I think will work with my current schedule and lifestyle.  I plan to fast on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the full day; my goal is to eat my "breakfast" around 10 or 10:30 and then do my evening meal around 8, after the children are in bed. I think I would like eating my second meal earlier; however, I am an evening snacker.  I frequently have a small bowl of cereal or ice cream while watching some TV with my husband, so taking my meal as late as possible seems like a better fit for me. In the book, some people mentioned fasting from 2 pm. one day to 2 pm. the next, but that doesn't seem like it would work well for me.  I'm doing all of my grocery shopping today, and I'm grateful that with this eating plan there is nothing "extra" I'm needing to buy.  The book offers a good variety of menu options, and even though I'm picky, most things sound good to me.  Here is the game plan for tomorrow:

Breakfast:
1/4 c. un-cooked steel cut oats, cooked in water - 140 cal.
1/2 c. un-sweetened applesauce - 50 cal.
1 tsp. brown sugar - 17 cal.
dash of cinnamon
Boiled Egg - 78 cal.

Dinner:
4 oz. Oven-baked Tilapia filet with creole seasoning - 115 cal.
2 c. romaine lettuce with 1 tsp. Brianna's Asiago Caesar, and 1 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese - 60 cal.
1 c. steamed broccoli with fresh lemon juice - 30 cal.

TOTAL:  490 calories

I'll check back in tomorrow and let you know how it goes!


0 comments:

Post a Comment