Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Posted by jinson on 5:55 AM No comments
I completed my fast.  I was REALLY tempted last night to end it at 24 hours (I'd had a small bowl of ice cream on Monday night), but then decided to just go to bed hungry instead and do a full 32 hours.  In one of my waves of hunger I was searching for information on the benefits of 32 hours with some calories vs. 24 hours with zero.  THIS was helpful.   I woke us this morning and felt normal.  I wasn't famished and I didn't eat all of my cereal either.  I don't know if I ate less because my stomach was small or if it was all mental- but I'll take it.

I am going to spend some time today preparing for tomorrow's fast.  My game plan is to eat a little something this evening before bed that is more substantial than a serving of ice cream.  Perhaps some whole wheat toast with peanut butter.  I'm also going to try and wait until 11:30 to do my morning meal.  Also, I need to research a better breakfast.  Yesterday's was filling, but not particularly tasty.   I'll tell you what IS tasty- Pot Sticker Burgers from iowagirleats.comSeriously delicious!  And, if you tweak the recipe and make it into six patties and serve with 2/3 c. of the asian slaw topping they come in at just 130 calories each.  This is a regular rotation on our dinner menu and I'm so pleased to have another meal that I can feed the entire family on a fast day.  This picture does not do justice to how delicous these are!

Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment