Monday, March 25, 2013

Posted by jinson on 10:07 AM No comments
I'm planning my fasts for the week again.  I'm oddly looking forward to tomorrow's fast.  My last one seemed so easy, and I'm anxious to enter my second week and see if I'm actually going to lose weight doing this.  I'm sure I need to- I spent the weekend out of town eating at A&W, P.F. Changs and a great new Thai place in town.  I made a new recipe for dinner last night that will fit well into my fast-day dinner rotation.  I don't really like the idea of eating a seperate meal from my family, so I'm in the process of finding new recipes and evaluating a lot of the recipes in my aresenal of "family favorites". 

I've never had Pasta e Fagioli, and I wasn't that excited about it, but I was pleasantly surprised.  It was tasty and filling, and as a bonus, my kids REALLY loved it!   Also, it will be a great fast-day food.  1 cup has just 115 calories!

Pasta E Fagioli from Budget Bytes-  This makes 15- 1 cup servings.  I made mine with Ditalini pasta.  The total calorie count for the recipe is 1,625.  If you did one of the variations listed at the bottom of her post (like adding bacon-YUM), you would need to adjust the calories accordingly.
pasta e fagioli

http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2010/12/pasta-e-fagioli-812-recipe-135-serving.html
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment