Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Posted by jinson on 4:28 PM No comments
Yesterday, I ate like a regular person and had my favorite ice cream in the evening while watching TV with the Mr., so my last food was around 10 pm.

7 am.  Woke up to get the little lady ready for school.  We normally eat breakfast together, so it was a little bit different, but not bad, we talked instead of me eating.  I may start using this time to read scriptures with her before she heads out into the big bad world.  I busied myself with cleaning the kitchen and getting the other kids breakfast around.

8:30  Feeling a little bit hungry.  A glass of water did the trick.  I boiled my egg for my "breakfast" at 10:30.

9:30  Legitimately hungry.  A glass of water is not fixing that.  Hunger is not unbearable, and much easier to forget about if you get up and do something.  I cleaned the bathroom. 

10:30 BREAKFAST!  The egg was delicious.  If you don't like boiled eggs, it may be because they're not prepared correctly and the yolk turns a nasty green-ish/gray color.  Martha Stewart knows her stuff and gives great info on the best way to boil an egg HERE.
     My steel cut oats with applesauce was just okay (amounts in previous post).  I like the oats, but I'm used to them with more brown sugar- probably a tablespoon or so, and there was too much applesauce.  I'm going to play around with the ratios here and try something different for Thursday.  Also, it made more than I wanted to eat.

1:30  Gah, I'm realizing that I snack - a lot!  Gotta keep busy!

4:30  I am hungry, legitimately; however it is somewhat comforting that I know I'm supposed to be hungry.  Much better than some diet that says "you shouldn't feel hungry".

6:45  Dinner!  I'm still a bit hungry, so I'm thinking an early bedtime sounds fantastic.  I switched up my tilapia and salad for two Chicken Spinach Parmesan Wraps.  This is a meal I already frequently make for my family.  Recipe below.



Chicken Spinach Parmesan Wraps
adapted from picklee
Yield:  18 wraps
120 calories each

2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 c. marinara sauce (mine has 170 calories/cup)
18 egg roll wrappers (60 calories each)
Fresh, chopped spinach
Mozzarella Cheese

Combine chicken and marinara.  Place 2 Tbsp. chicken, 1 Tbsp. mozzarella (23 cal.) and approximately 1/4 c. spinach (12 cal.) in the center of egg roll wrapper.  Lightly brush the sides with water, fold over and pinch edges to seal.  Lightly spray with olive oil and bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.
 
Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment