Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Posted by jinson on 7:04 AM No comments
Fast day is here again.  I really wanted to have a Mtn. Dew (my true weakness), so the "food" aspects of today will be a little bit light.  My weight is currently down 4.5 lbs. and I'm really excited to lose 3.5 more (hopefully within the next 3 weeks) and see a number on the scale I've not seen for about 9 years!   First though, I thought I'd share some of what I've learned in the past few weeks.

1.  I frequently eat more than I need to.  I have become more aware of my bodily needs.  Take yesterday; I was out running errands and was incredibly hungry.  I hadn't eaten since noon and since that time had put in a rigorous 30-minute workout, painted cabinets, cleaned my kitchen, made dinner and priced 3 large boxes of children't clothing for a garage sale this weekend.  8 pm. rolls around and I'm done with my grocery shopping and staring McDonald's in the face.  I ordered a small fry and a cheeseburger.  Not the worst thing you can get there (also, not the best).  As I ate, I realized I could have gone with just the cheeseburger or the fries; my body didn't "need" both.

2.  Being hungry doesn't really bother me.  This has been the biggest revelation to me thus far.  I feel freed in fasting.  I'm hungry, and that is okay because I SHOULD be hungry.

3.  I have more than sufficient energy on my fast days.  I get A LOT of work done on fast days.  One of my biggest problems is that I frequently snack because I'm bored.  Well, I don't want to be bored and feeling snacky, so I do stuff.  I sew, paint, do laundry, take walks, read- you name it!

4.  Because we eat fairly healthy as a family, it isn't too difficult to plan an evening meal that we can all eat, and we're still enjoying some family favorites! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment